Our Charter Commitments
Our Charter states that The Laurel Foundation's activities are:
To fund, facilitate and promote services, programs and activities for the care, treatment, habilitation and rehabilitation of persons:
- with autism spectrum disorders, or whose behaviour is autistic like; or
- who otherwise exhibit, suffer from, or are diagnosed with mental health disorders and behavioural challenges; to enable them and their families to function to their maximum potential within their community.
- To receive, invest and administer donations, bequests, endowments, trusts and other financial programs and investments the purpose of which are to fund community, research, demonstration and experimental projects and programs to further the knowledge by helping and supporting persons covered in sections (i) and (ii).
- To receive donations, gifts, bequests, funds and property for the purpose of the Foundation, for such other organizations as are “qualified donees” under the provisions of the Income Tax Act and for such other purposes and activities as are authorized for registered charities under the provisions of the Income Tax Act; and
- To do all such other things as are incidental and ancillary to the attainment of the foregoing purposes and the exercise of the powers of the Foundation.